A turnout demonstrator in the In2Track3 project, that addresses more than one challenge;
– Rolling Contact Fatigue
– Ballast destruction
– Load distribution
and more, is installed in Liesing, Vienna. Several innovations are included in the turnouts, and measurements are being compared to reference turnouts.
What innovations are in the demo you may ask? And here is the answer:
• Enhanced cast crossing design
• Enhanced S&C bearer design
• Enhanced fastening system ERL NG
• Enhanced stock- & switch rails
• Self-detecting switch rail
• Bearer coupling system
• Point machine ECOSTAR
• Polygon setting device
• Locking device SPHEROLOCK NG
• Hollow bearer
• Monitoring and Diagnostic system RML 4.0
Measurements are done over long and short campaigns as well as permanent measures to validate the design.
Want more info? Contact voestalpine Railway Systems, the project partner working with this.